Find The Best Legal Mobile Casino in Canada
Source: Pixabay Land-based casinos are legal across Canada, and are subject to the regulations of the provinces and territories that they happen to be located in. There are more than 100 brick-and-mortar establishments across the country, drawing large crowds of locals and tourists. When you’re not able to travel and play at one of these, there are great online options too – including Ruby Fortune’s fantastic legal mobile casino.
Are Mobile Canadian Casinos Legal?
Gambling has been a socially accepted leisure activity in Canada for some time. Laws in the country were very strict until the 1970s, when they began to ease up. Today, as well as paying out a lot of happy winners, they are an important source of tax revenue for local governments. While the 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada have clearly defined their laws on land-based gambling, online casino regulation remains more of a grey area. The legislation that is in place was mostly formulated before desktop and mobile gambling was possible. As a result there are not many firm online casino laws and federal, rather than provincial, enforcement controls this sector. As long as you are playing at a site whose hosting service is based in a province that allows online casinos, and the operator is properly licenced, you definitely fall on the right side of the law.
What Was the First Legal Online Casino?
Source: Unsplash Canada’s first legal online casino was PlayNow, which is available in British Columbia and went live in 2010. PlayNow is still owned and operated by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation, a provincial crown corporation. Since then, betting sites have just kept growing bigger and more popular. Mobile casinos, and sportsbooks, have made things even more convenient. Now you can take your fun with you wherever you go! The software has improved so much that you will be as immersed as you are when you play on your desktop, with the same great designs, graphics and game mechanics.
Who Regulates Online Casinos?
Within Canada, provincial regulators include the British Columbia Lottery Corporation, the Atlantic Lottery Corporation and Loto-Québec. Desktop and mobile casinos that are licensed and regulated outside of the country are where the real legal grey areas start. Playing at offshore establishments is not strictly permitted, but this has never really been enforced. You’re unlikely to be prosecuted if you decide to gamble at a site that is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, or any other respected, internationally operating jurisdiction. However, you’ll be glad to know that you will probably never need to take that risk in the first place, thanks to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission, or KGC as is it often called, is a highly respected regulatory body that is dedicated to licensing online establishments in Canada. As well as casinos, the KGC certifies Poker rooms and sportsbooks. Since the Kahnawake First Nations Territory is part of the sovereign Mohawk tribe, the KGC is able to follow its own rules in how it regulates gambling sites – although it almost always complies with general laws. You’ll notice that most of the websites accessible in Canada are either licensed by both the KGC and international bodies, or by the KGC alone. Even though the KGC could technically be considered an offshore regulator, the sovereign status and relationship that the Kahnawake Mohawk territory has with the rest of Canada mean this is unlikely to ever be an issue. In other words, if your online casino is approved by the KGC or by the province where its hosting service is based, you’re free to enjoy its services. You can trust any site that holds a KGC licence, thanks to the three points that the Commission always verifies:
- General Integrity and Trustworthiness: This is the specific term that the KGC uses to describe its checks into operators’ histories and backgrounds, to prevent criminals or frauds from entering Canada’s online gambling market.
- Approved Gaming System and Software: Operators must use licensed software to ensure smooth playing and, most importantly, trustworthy results and payouts.
- External Auditing: The Commission mandates that independent audits are done on all licensed sites on a regular basis, to ensure that gaming fairness is always maintained.
What to Look For in Mobile Casinos
Source: Unsplash When Canadians are deciding which mobile casino to play at, there are some key issues to look out for:
- Does the site load quickly on a tablet or smartphone?
- Are the games and lobby adapted for mobile use?
- What is the theoretical Return to Player Percentage?
- What is the Welcome Bonus, and what are the other promotions like?
- Does the operator support responsible gambling initiatives?
- How many games are on offer, and how diverse is the selection?
- Is the software compatible with your device?
- Must you play in your browser
- Are the banking options suitable for your needs?
What Regulated Casino is Best?
The top regulated online casino in Canada? Do you really even have to ask? The answer is, of course, Ruby Fortune! The site is completely secure and reliable, with licences from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority, as well as an independent endorsement for safety and fairness from eCOGRA. In addition, Ruby Fortune:
- Loads on mobile devices within a matter of milliseconds.
- Has games that have been especially designed or adapted for smartphone and tablet use, as well as a lobby that works perfectly on the screens of these units.
- Offers a win rate of over 97%.
- Rewards new members with a massive Welcome Bonus of up to $750, as well as a generous Loyalty Programme.
- Fully supports responsible gambling and is affiliated with GambleAware.
- Offers a huge selection of games from Microgaming, arguably the greatest casino software developer in the world.
Has a diverse range of safe, reliable banking methods conveniently available. This is one legal mobile casino that can easily accommodate the transaction needs of every player in Canada.