8 Easy Steps to Install Adobe Flash Player
If you’ve never installed the Adobe Flash Player software to your computer, don’t worry, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! Flash was launched by developer Adobe Systems more than 20 years ago, back in 1996, so you’ve definitely had time. It’s also freeware software and will not cost you anything, so you have no excuse there either. The high-quality product has a reputation that it precedes itself, and it is probably one of the most trusted pieces of software available to be used as a streaming tool. It works with any browser on any operating system and any computer, and it couldn’t be easier to install.
- Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ in the browser that you want to install Adobe on. The Flash Player downloader page will then recognise your particular browser and operating system, and will offer you the download that is suitable to your needs and situation.
- When you’re happy with your selection, click the yellow button that says “download now”. You need to save the file when you are prompted to do so; this will generally go into the downloads folder on your computer. You can, of course, specify that it be saved somewhere else.
- Locate the "AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_" file from wherever you saved it, and open the installer by double-clicking on it.
- Run the installer and wait for the Adobe Flash Player disk image to load. Double-click on the icon that says “install Adobe Flash Player” when it does.
- A dialogue box will pop up to ask you if you’re certain you can trust content that is downloaded from Adobe. It’s great that this warning system is in place but since Adobe is a reputable company it is perfectly safe to click the button that says “open”.
- The next step is to sign in, which is different on Macs versus other PCs. On a Mac you’ll need to sign in as admin with your user name and password. Do this, and then click on the OK button to continue. You won’t need to do it on other PCs.
- Adobe Flash Player will start installing, and a progress bar will show you how far you still have to go. When the installation is complete, click the button that says “finish”.
- Your installation is complete and you are ready to go!